Your Education Matters Video Campaign
- Every Monday starting January 23rd a video with an education advocate will be shared on YouTube.
Letter Writing Campaign
- Copy and Paste our sample letter and update it with your name and address. Email it to the MLAs on our handy contact list!
- Takes less than 5 minutes and has a great, ongoing, impact.
Video Sharing Campaign
- View our video and SHARE it with friends and family. Ask them to SHARE as well! Share it by email, Facebook, Twitter, and more!
- This can go viral and be a powerful message on the real costs to children and society when education cuts are so severe.
Please check back with us. Updates will be coming soon.
School Board Special Public Meeting
- Tuesday, October 11, 2016 @ 7pm at Richmond High multipurpose room
- Only one item on the agenda: Consideration of Termination of the School Closure Process
- We recommend all parents and supporters from all schools to attend so that the School Board can take that level of support to the Ministry of Education and demand better for Richmond schools
- MOTION PASSED! School Closure Process Terminated!
Presentation to the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016 @ 1pm via teleconference
- Committee members: Scott Hamilton, Carole James, Eric Foster, Simon Gibson, George Heyman, Dan Ashton, Robin Austin, Jennifer Rice, Jackie Tegart, John Yap.
- RSSU requested seismic remediation for Richmond schools, correct calculation of school capacity, and stable and sustainable public education funding.
Presentation to the Richmond School Board
- Monday, September 19, 2016 @ 7pm
- School Board Offices 7811 Granville Avenue, Richmond
- This is a public meeting so anyone can attend. The School Board will officially be receiving the closure recommendations from the Superintendent.
Rally for Education
- Saturday, September 17, 2016 @ 4:30pm
- Across from John Yap's office at 4011 Bayview Street
- Extensive media coverage, in all formats
- Over 200 people attended and 19 Richmond schools were represented, 3 Vancouver schools, and 1 North Vancouver School. In no particular order: Richmond: General Currie, Westwind, Palmer, Gilmore, Bridge, Quilchena, Diefenbaker, McKinney, Dixon, Tomsett, Hugh Boyd, Blair, Homma, Grauer, Steveston-London, Byng, McKay, Woodward, Maple Lane; Vancouver: Queen Alex, Douglas, Simon Fraser Elem; North Vancouver: Ridgeway.
Presentation to Richmond School Board
- September 6, 2016 @ 7:00pm
- Richmond School Board offices, 7811 Granville Ave, Richmond
- We are on the agenda to present to the School Board and answer their questions
- This is a public meeting, so any interested citizens may attend
Petition to the Ministry of Education
- Asking the Ministry of Education to change the minimum enrollment target of 95% to a maximum enrollment target of 85%.
- Asking the Ministry of Education to release seismic remediation funding prior to enrollment adjustments so that life-saving improvements can begin immediately.
- Per BC Legislature rules, petition must be in paper format with original signatures. Signatures therefore must be collected in person (compared to e-petitions for the House of Commons).
- We submitted the petition to John Yap, MLA, on June 27, 2016. We collected nearly 3,600 signatures!
- Rob Fleming presented our petition to the BC Legislature on July 26, 2016. Thank you for your support! Watch here.
Rally for Education
- Saturday, June 18, 2016 @ 11am
- Across from John Yap's office at 4011 Bayview St, Richmond
- Extensive media coverage, in all formats.
- Over 100 parents, children, and supporters attended the rally despite the rain! Richmond's schools are a vital resource!